Sunday, August 17, 2008

Week two totals

This week was not too huge of an impact on our budget. We made it through the week with a grand total of $27.65. Jereriah took the bus to work almost every day, so we only had the 12 miles a day to the bus stop in gas cost; in addition to my one trip into town and one trip to Louisville. We will have to fill up some gas tanks next week but I feel pretty confident as of today that we'll make it through the end of the month within our budget. We were immensely blessed this week by a generous gift of a meal out by my father, as a late anniversary gift. He also gave us a musk melon and bottle of maple syrup... so sweet of him! It was definately a treat to eat out this month, and to spend some time with him. We also came across a few awesome deals from the dollar bags at VC; we got about 10 mangoes definately in need of immediate love, so I made some puree that will go to make some mango coconut frozen pudding and grace our smoothies. And today we made an amazing GF mango upside down cake. Here's a picture.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I didn't know you were still blogging, and lost your blog link forever ago when my computer crashed. I'm so excited to read your stuff! And definitely inspired by your august adventures witn money. I love you!!!!!