Saturday, June 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Kaylee

I know I'm a little late in getting this post up but it's been busy. We were in San Diego, CA for a friend's wedding during Kaylee's first birthday. But we did our best to still make our little girl feel special for her big day. I made her a Kaylee safe birthday cake and our amazing friends shared their wedding celebration by having every one there sing happy birthday. Here's a picture of Kaylee eating her birthday cake. We also got to take her to the beach on the trip, and see the water and people surfing. She enjoyed the water but isn't a big fan of the sand. I guess we don't have to worry about getting a sand box any time soon. Kaylee has grown so much and is doing amazing. She's starting to talk and has about 9 recognizable words now and 4 signs that she uses consistently. She's standing on her own very well and can walk across the room if she's holding on to something, but unaided can only go a step right now. It seems that her physical abilities change daily though, she's doing new things and climbing to new heights (literally) every day. She is also amazingly smart, identifying things in pictures when asked, stacking, sorting, using utensils and all kinds of other fun things. I'm just blown away at how many changes take place in such a short amount of time. It was not that long ago she was completely helpless. Now her independence is increasing and she is growing so much. It scares me a little, I'm don't really feel like I am ready for all of this yet.

1 comment:

Amy Jane (Untangling Tales) said...

That picture shows how perfectly she blends both parents.

What a Beautiful little lady.